We congratulate Professor Deborah Hall in her new position as Vice-Provost for Research and Knowledge Exchange at the University of Nottingham Malaysia in Semenyih Selangor. This is a 4-year secondment on an 80% contract, with the remaining 20% to continue leading research in the UK and keeping up with her supervision duties.
Deborah is a world renowned researcher and academic leader in the field of tinnitus. Her biography is a testament to that: ‘Deborah Hall is an NIHR Senior Investigator and Deputy Director of the NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre (funded 2017-2022) where she leads research projects on measures in clinical trials, tinnitus and translational neuroscience.
Deborah was awarded the British Society of Audiology Thomas Simm Littler prize in 2010 for her services to audiology, and the Tonndorf lecture at the 1st World Tinnitus Congress in 2017. She is Chair of the 'Outcome measurement' working group of TINNET (2014-2018) (http://tinnet.tinnitusresearch.net/) and PhD supervisor for students in two Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (European School for Interdisciplinary Tinnitus (ESIT) Research; and TINnitus Assessment, Causes and Treatments (TIN-ACT)).
Congratulations to her successful start in Malaysia the 2nd of July and all the best.